Use the DIR function in Excel VBA to check if a file or a folder exist. You can then decide what to do if they exist. For example you can open the Workbook to copy values from and then close the workbook. I will also show you how you can handle cases where the file does not exist or the file name is not typed correctly. In that case VBA generates an error but you can easily avoid with the IF statement. I also show you how you can check with VBA if a folder exists. and if it doesn’t exist, how you can create the folder. We use the message box function to ask the user for permission if we should create the folder or not. Course Length: 9:31 minutes Source: Leila Gharani
Most frequent questions and answers
Co-operative education is a three-way partnership between the university, students and employers. Students apply their classroom knowledge in a series of four-month work experiences. You, the employer, enhance a student’s education, while reaping the unique benefits of CO-OP employees.
- Year-round access to well-motivated, qualified employees.
- Access to potential full-time staff in a controlled environment, reducing your costs and risks.
- Access to a cost-effective source of temporary employees for peak periods or special projects.
- A say in what students learn by working with the university.
- Promotion of your organization as one that believes in developing the potential of young people.
- Access to a great pool of French-speaking, English-speaking and bilingual students.
Most work terms run at least 15 weeks, or four months. They can be no shorter than 13 weeks. Some master’s students, as well as some science and engineering students, are available for 8 or 12 months’ work terms.
All jobs are reviewed by a CO-OP Program Coordinator, and only those providing students with work experience related to their professional development are approved. Administrative activities involved in a job should be less than 10% of the entire workload.
When you first contact SSC, you are assigned one of our Program Coordinators, depending on your discipline of interest. This person is your main contact in our office. As you move through the recruitment process, you also work with a representative from CO-OP Administrative Services, who assists with job posting and interview scheduling.