This episode of Accounting Basics is a Cash Accounting tutorial where you’ll learn what Cash Accounting means, who uses it, and the Advantages and Disadvantages of Cash Basis of Accounting. In this Cash Basis Accounting Tutorial, you will learn: ▪ The definition of the Cash Method of Accounting ▪ This is demonstrated using a Cash Basis Accounting example with two scenarios. ▪ You’ll also learn the Pros and Cons of the Cash Basis Accounting and under which situations it is suitable to apply the Cash System of Accounting and ‘is the cash basis allowed under GAAP and IFRS’? ▪ Is the Cash Basis better than Accrual Basis? Course Length: 5:41 Source: Accounting Stuff
Most frequent questions and answers
Co-operative education is a three-way partnership between the university, students and employers. Students apply their classroom knowledge in a series of four-month work experiences. You, the employer, enhance a student’s education, while reaping the unique benefits of CO-OP employees.
- Year-round access to well-motivated, qualified employees.
- Access to potential full-time staff in a controlled environment, reducing your costs and risks.
- Access to a cost-effective source of temporary employees for peak periods or special projects.
- A say in what students learn by working with the university.
- Promotion of your organization as one that believes in developing the potential of young people.
- Access to a great pool of French-speaking, English-speaking and bilingual students.
Most work terms run at least 15 weeks, or four months. They can be no shorter than 13 weeks. Some master’s students, as well as some science and engineering students, are available for 8 or 12 months’ work terms.
All jobs are reviewed by a CO-OP Program Coordinator, and only those providing students with work experience related to their professional development are approved. Administrative activities involved in a job should be less than 10% of the entire workload.
When you first contact SSC, you are assigned one of our Program Coordinators, depending on your discipline of interest. This person is your main contact in our office. As you move through the recruitment process, you also work with a representative from CO-OP Administrative Services, who assists with job posting and interview scheduling.